Through strategic partnerships with more than 180 top studios around the world, Vuclip brings to subscribers blockbuster Hollywood and regional movies, TV shows and music videos in 20 different languages. Vuclip’s Dynamic Adaptive Transcoding provides an amazing un-buffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network
Our Culture Ignites Innovation (Smart People, Big Dreams, Fiery Passion, Fun and Engaging Journey)
Our culture defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. We are very focused on this as we scale rapidly our employee base worldwide. We believe in being one’s authentic self in the workplace, ideas over hierarchy, merit over tenure, not efforts but results, and having a blast while enjoying the journey.
- Support Vuclip mission critical, front-end and back-end systems and applications in production and preproduction environments.
- Identify and drive improvements in infrastructure and system reliability, performance, monitoring, and overall stability of Vuclip systems.
- Capacity planning and demand forecasting to meet systems demand, identifying performance bottlenecks and devising tuning improvements.
- Build tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks and prevent incident occurrence.
- Create and maintain operational runbooks and documentation.
- Participate in 24×7 operational support and on-call rotation.
Skills and Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of production environment engineering, configuration management, release engineering.
- Experience supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed mission critical systems.
- Systematic problem solving approach and strong sense of ownership to drive problems to resolution
- Experience configuring and managing web servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx) and RESTful web service applications.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- Experience with configuring, managing and supporting virtualized environments.
- Proficiency working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloudformation in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Glu, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Redis, CouchBase, Cassandra).