Vuclip, a PCCW media company, is a leading premium video-on-demand service for emerging markets with 9 million subscribers per quarter across nine countries. Through strategic partnerships with over 270 top studios around the world, Vuclip brings blockbuster Hollywood and Regional movies, TV shows and Music videos in more than 34 different languages to its subscribers. Vuclip’s Dynamic Adaptive Transcoding™ provides unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network. Vuclip also runs its own OTT service under the brand “VIU” with apps on both Play and iOS stores.
Vuclip and its subsidiaries are headquartered in Milpitas, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok.
Our Culture Ignites Innovation (Smart People, Big Dreams, Fiery Passion, Fun and Engaging Journey). Our culture defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. We are very focused on this as we scale rapidly our employee base worldwide. We believe in being one’s authentic self in the workplace, ideas over hierarchy, merit over tenure, not efforts but results, and having a blast while enjoying the journey.
Vice President of Advertising Video on Demand Sales (AVOD) will be responsible for monetization of the AVOD vertical of Viu in Indonesia. Through a combination of strategic & localized initiatives across Direct Sales, Programmatic Sales & Content Sponsorship Sales through program definition, execution & operational excellence in the full context of advertising business. Representing VIU brand value in Indonesia to local agencies, Brands and Advertisers through industry and partner evangelisation events leading to high monetization of Advertising avenues on Viu.
VIU is consistently focused on our consumers and partners above all else, and we are obsessed with helping our clients win. As part of this VIU team, the VP of AVOD will bring a proactive strategic & planned approach to setting up our clients for success, through a templated model that can easily be replicated with partners.
The ideal candidate has a high value Ad Sales background, potentially media agency background, as part of Senior Management Experience and is comfortable with digital advertising technologies, with a full knowledge of high value Media. S/he has proven expertise in leveraging the latest tools and techniques to help clients navigate a complex ad landscape through custom- and tailor-made pitches leading to high impact long term clients of Viu. The candidate will develop and oversee a highly efficient small A-Class Ad Sales team and Partner’s Viu Media Consultants. S/he will be based in Jakarta. Travel both local and international will be required for this role. This position reports directly to Country Head of VIU in Indonesia.
Key Responsibility And Accountability
- Keep up-to-date on key industry trends and occasionally speak at industry events
- Lead collaboration with content development team on thought leadership programs by providing strategic insights on overall sales program
- Refining VIU value proposition/unique selling points to our clients and partners
- Create industry vertical sales pitches on relevant themes for our pre-sales and sales teams
- Liaise with the product management team for consumer research and new product features
- Work with the Marketing team to enhance sales and marketing touch-points with Advertising overlay
- Partner with Value Partners to craft sales engagement and re-engagement in order to expand our footprint as number one Media Entertainment in Indonesia
- Own client primary and secondary market research, including competitive intelligence
- Work to create strategic partnership programs with key agencies in an effort to increase deal sizes and generate revenue
- Streamline reporting and success measurement programs across all “pre-sales” teams
- Lead collaboration with Product team to create educational collateral and training materials for the entire Business Development team.
- Articulate vision and values for the Direct Solutions, Programmatic, & Content Sponsorship teams
- Ensure that our strategic marketers and planners are comfortable with the latest industry trends (e.g. programmatic)
- Strategic design and optimized delivery structure. Attract, recruit, develop and retain talent. Build a collaborative, cohesive, credible, high performing team within the organization.
PROPOSAL MANAGEMENT (Direct & Programmatic)
- Oversee our RFP/proposal to clients
- Work with leads to refine our process for responding to RFPs (high volume)
- Ensure that we can meet high quality standards and that proposals are timely
- Develop strategies to respond to strategic accounts versus standard accounts
- Partner with creative team to create templates and custom proposals
- Oversee research and insights tools to ensure that proposals are data-led
- Own success metrics such as proposal quality and close rate
Skills and Competencies
- Thought leadership – Deep business acumen, process knowledge, digital domains, and operational support. High degree of visibility, exposure, collaboration and influencing with both the Executives and agencies
- Financial management – Target, rigorously manage & deliver – Estimates, forecasts, and revenue to achieve greater than 10% Market share of Digital Video Revenues of Indonesia
- Operational excellence – Establishes operational metrics, reviews and rhythms to ensure system performance, availability, business continuity, and end user satisfaction.
- Communications – Panellist Discussions, Network Events, Board Level Presentations, and Industry representation
- Customer excellence – Proactively collaborate and co-innovate with customers to drive customer satisfaction and competitive differentiation
- Critical thinking to take appropriate risk, tempered with risk mitigation and make sound, timely decisions
- Results-Driven: Delivered extraordinary results throughout career.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Programmatic Advertising & Digital universe of Ads – Must have working relationship with Facebook, Google, Adobe, AppNexus, SpotX and more Demand Side Networks.
- 10+ years Digital and/or Operational experience related to leadership roles – Divisional executive Senior Director+ experience preferably at a large International media agency and must have handled large strategic clients by self.
- 10+ years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large global cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Robust expertise in working with brands directly, through own network.
- Demonstrated leadership skills & excellent Project Management Skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in both English and Bahasa
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced, agile, ever-changing work environment
- Strong stage presence. Experienced, confident and clear in public speaking engagements
- Possess, and continue to develop, a strong network across the ad tech industry
- Ability to travel globally as needed (appx 20 – 40%)