Vuclip, a PCCW media company, is a leading premium video-on-demand service for emerging markets with 9 million subscribers per quarter across nine countries. Through strategic partnerships with over 270 top studios around the world, Vuclip brings blockbuster Hollywood and Regional movies, TV shows and Music videos in more than 34 different languages to its subscribers. Vuclip’s Dynamic Adaptive Transcoding™ provides unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network. Vuclip also runs its own OTT service under the brand “VIU” with apps on both Play and iOS stores.
Vuclip and its subsidiaries are headquartered in Milpitas, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok.
Our Culture Ignites Innovation (Smart People, Big Dreams, Fiery Passion, Fun and Engaging Journey). Our culture defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. We are very focused on this as we scale rapidly our employee base worldwide. We believe in being one’s authentic self in the workplace, ideas over hierarchy, merit over tenure, not efforts but results, and having a blast while enjoying the journey.
Key Responsibility And Accountability
- Independently handle end to end feature development and resolve any challenges faced in implementing the same
- Keen to learn new technologies and implement the same in feature development within the time frame provided
- Hands-on team member, also taking care of debugging, finding root cause analysis and fixing the issues reported on Content Management back end software system
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the problems, issues with the product and features and solve the issues as per SLAs defined
- Excellent Team player willing to work in a start-up environment
Skills and Competencies
- B. Tech graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related IT field
- 3 to 6 Years of Experience in Java Programming; Java frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, any ORM Framework (Hibernate/JPA) and RESTful Web Services
- Experience in using RDBMS like MySQL and desired to have experience on NoSQL databases
- Experience in Unix Environment and desired to have experience on scripting using Python/Shell
- Experience in writing unit test cases and integration test cases
- Experience in any build tool like Gradle/Maven and Continuous Integration and Deployment tools like Jenkins/Teamcity/SONAR/Nexus and SCM tools like GIT/SVN
- Desired to have experience on Micro-service architecture using Spring Cloud and containerization using Docker
- Desired to have experience on Cloud Platform like Google Cloud Platform 9. Desired to have experience with Content Management System